March 21, 2011

... Ravioli with Sweet Potatoes and Thyme

Ok, this is hands down one of the best recipes I've made lately.  Absolutely the best Meatless Monday recipe.  And what's even better... it's so easy.  Honestly, it had me at 'sweet potatoes and thyme' and then when I read 'goat cheese' I was sold.  The only thing that might make this any better may be toasted walnuts... or another serving.


The sweetness of the potatoes against the savory aroma of the thyme and the creaminess of the goat cheese... in the words of Carrie Bradshaw, Hello, lover.  


Ravioli with Sweet Potatoes and Thyme
serves 4

1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
16 to 18 ounces of fresh or frozen cheese ravioli
1/2 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese, plus more for serving

Heat oven to 425 degrees.

On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes, oil, thyme, salt and pepper.  Roast, tossing once, until the potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook the ravioli according to the package directions.  Reserve 1/3 cup of the pasta water, drain the ravioli, and return them to the pot.

Gently mix the ravioli with the goat cheese and the reserved pasta water; fold in the sweet potatoes and sprinkle with more goat cheese, if desired.

Taylor's Notes:


This is such a delicious, easy and filling recipe that I'll no doubt be making it over and over again.  Next time, I'll toast some walnuts or pine nuts to add a little crunch and another layer of flavor.  


I left the skin on the potatoes.  It saves a step in prep and you get all those great nutrients to boot!


I'm not sure if I've mentioned my lack of love for leftovers, but I can't wait to have this for lunch tomorrow... and that's definitely saying something!


Enjoy!

No comments: