April 5, 2010

... Tuna Salad with Celery and Radishes

It's Easter Sunday and it's 84 degrees out... do you know what that means?  Swimsuit season is right around the corner!!  Ok, so maybe it's really around the corner, down the block, and around the next corner, but still, work with me.  


Regardless of how far away it is, it's never a bad idea to eat a little lighter.  This tuna salad really hits the spot. It's light, not creamy, and has a great amount of crunch with the celery and radishes.  The lemon and parsley add a kick and brightness.


I paired it with some crackers and it made for a great little lunch.  Side note... have you tried the new Wheat Thins Flatbread Crackers?  Well I did and I'll tell you, I'm not a huge fan.  Now, don't get me wrong.  The flavor was pretty good, but the darn things came completely broken in the package and didn't make for a great to a chunky tuna salad.  I think I'd prefer the big Wheat Thins next time... or one of my other faves, the Townhouse Multigrain Bistro crackers.



So, grab your cracker of choice, mix up some of this tasty tuna salad and feel good about sitting pool side this summer!


Tuna Salad with Celery and Radishes
serves 2

2 5-ounce cans tuna (in water; drained)
8 small radishes (cut into wedges)
2 stalks celery, sliced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

In a bowl, combine all ingredients.  Refrigerate in a container for up to 1 day.  Serve with crackers or crisps.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am so making this tonight. I've needed a light tuna recipe that didn't taste like plastic for months.