July 25, 2010

... Black Bean and Corn Salsa

Here's another oldie-but-a-goodie, and definitely a go-to of mine.  With all the fresh veggies in this salsa, it'll become one of yours too.


It's clearly delicious with tortilla chips, but try it as a side, in a salad, or on top of grilled chicken, too.  You'll be amazed at how versatile this recipe is!




1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15-ounce can shoepeg corn, drained and rinsed
2 large tomatoes
1 large avocado, peeled and chopped
1 purple onion, chopped
4 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Mix all ingredients together and serve with chips.

Taylor's Notes:
When I can't find shoepeg corn, I just use whole kernel corn instead.  This time, I doubled the recipe, so I used one can of yellow corn and one can of white.  For some extra flavor, try adding garlic.  My red wine vinegar is infused with garlic, so I typically just use that, but minced fresh garlic would be very tasty as well.

Other than that, just follow the recipe and you'll be well on your way to enjoying some delicious salsa in no time!

Enjoy!

No comments: