August 12, 2010

...Cappuccino Parfaits

No Sisters Night is ever complete without dessert, so after this and this, we indulged in a not-so-sinful, but definitely tasty concoction.  


With only four simple ingredients and about 10 minutes of work, you, too, can have a delicious dessert that won't leave you feeling guilty for days.



The cool, creaminess of the parfait matched with the crunchy bite of the cookie was a perfect balance for a sweet after-dinner treat.


Cappuccino Parfaits
serves 4

1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
4 crisp amaretti cookies

In a food processor, puree the ricotta, sugar, and espresso powder until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, 1 to 2 minutes.

Dividing evenly, spoon the mixture into 4 glasses or serving dishes.  Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve, at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day.

Just before serving, crumble the cookies over the parfaits.

Taylor's Notes:
I had ground espresso on hand and used that.  I think it worked just fine, the end result was just more granulated than the image in the cookbook.


I only got 3 servings out of the recipe, about 1/2 cup each, so I would double it if you plan on serving more.  But actually, the servings I made were a bit on the heavy side, so I would say go for smaller servings... four out of this recipe is probably just about right.


I added a little more sugar while I was blending the ingredients just to make it a bit sweeter.  Maybe a tablespoon or two more - do whatever tastes right to you.


I couldn't find amaretti cookies, so bought Pepperidge Farm Bordeaux cookies instead for their claim of "carmelized sweetness."  Because, really, who doesn't love espresso and caramel?


Enjoy!

No comments: