November 29, 2011

... Peanut Butter & Nutella Swirl Cookies

How could I possibly not make these cookies after reading the name of them?  Peanut Butter... Nutella... Cookies... how could anything be bad about that?  Well, let me tell you... nothing, that's what.  Absolutely nothing.


Are you on Pinterest?  If you aren't, save yourself.  If you are, I'm guessing you're as addicted as I am.  I've made a few things that I stumbled across on that site, but this by far takes the cake cookie.  

Peanut Butter & Nutella Swirl Cookies


1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Nutella

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla.  Mix until well blended.

Add flour, baking soda, and salt.  Drizzle Nutella on top of the dough, then swirl it through the dough with a butter knife.

Chill dough 15 minutes in the refrigerator.  Roll into balls by hand.  Place on parchment lined cookie sheet.  Using a fork, press down the balls to flatten slightly.  Bake until edges are very lightly browned (about 7 to 10 minutes).

All to rest 2 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring cookies to a cooling rack.

Taylor's Notes:
The only thing, and I mean the only thing, I would change about this recipe would be to add more Nutella.   Not a lot more, maybe 1/3 cup total, but I would definitely add more.  I mean, really, how can you have too much Nutella?


Enjoy!


No comments: