March 31, 2011

... Pears with Blue Cheese and Prosciutto

Remember when I wrote about this and I told you that you'd be seeing several upcoming posts as a direct result of it?  Well, here we go!

- ripe, organic pears -

- fresh, crisp arugula - 

It just so happened that I had Wine Club this week and needed a great little appetizer to take.  I stumbled across this recipe and knew it'd be a hit.  When I received pears and arugula in my bitty box delivery, I knew it was the one.  It's kismet, no?


The crisp arugula gets laid over a juicy pear wedge, topped with creamy blue cheese and wrapped with a salty slice of prosciutto.  


It makes quite a bit... but doesn't last for long!


Pears with Blue Cheese and Prosciutto
serves 8

2 pears (such as Bosc or Bartlett), each cut into 8 wedges
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup arugula
3 ounces blue cheese, cut into small pieces
6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut in half lenthwise

In a large bowl, toss the pears and lemon juice.

Layer a slice of pear, an arugula leaf, and a piece of cheese on a piece of proscuitto and roll up.

Taylor's Notes:


That's about it... it's as simple as it sounds.  Quick to make, quick to disappear.


Enjoy!

No comments: